This website uses
cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us
provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows
us to improve our site.
We take our data protection obligations extremely seriously. This Policy provides you with clear and comprehensive information about the cookies we use and the purposes for using them.
What is a cookie?
We only utilise browser cookies on this website.
There are two different types of browser cookies: ‘session’ and ‘persistent'”
- Session cookies are temporary and are deleted when the browser is closed. These cookies allow us to link your actions during a browser session. A browser session starts when you open the browser window and finishes when you close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- Persistent cookies are designed to store data for an extended period of time, and they are activated each time that you visit the website that created that particular cookie. Each persistent cookie is created with an expiration date, which may be anywhere from a few days to several years in the future. Once the expiration date is reached, the cookie is automatically deleted. Persistent cookies allow websites to “remember you” for two weeks, one month, or any other amount of time.
We utilise a mixture of session and persistent cookies on this website. You can find further information regarding these cookies, together with advice and guidance about how you can delete/remove and deactivate cookies on your web browser, below.
What cookies do we use and why?
We only use ‘performance’ cookies which collect which collect information about how you use this website e.g. which pages you visit and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how our website works, understand your interests and measure how effective our content is.
We use performance cookies to support/aid:
- website analytics, which provide anonymous statistics on how our website is used; and
- error management, which help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur.
Some of or our cookies are provided by third parties such as Google. However all our suppliers operate under contractual terms and conditions that do not allow the third party to use the cookies for any other purpose than that outlined in this Policy.
By using this website, you accept the use of ‘performance’ cookies. Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our website will perform for you.
Information about cookies
Useful information about cookies can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
The cookies currently in use this website are:
|Google Analytics||This cookie is used to distinguish unique users on Greyfern|
Law websites by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier.
It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports.
|This cookie is used to distinguish unique users on Greyfern|
Law websites by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports.
|HotJar||This cookie is associated with the Groups web analytics functionality and services from Hot Jar. It uniquely identifies a visitor during a single browser session and indicates they are included in an audience sample. No personal information is captured.||Session – Auto-matically Deleted |
You block cookies by adjusting your browser settings (please see guidance provided below). Please note however that blocking cookies may mean you are not able to access all or parts of our website and it may result in elements of our website performing badly.
Changing your cookie settings
Please note that internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Can I withdraw my consent?
By continuing to use our website you are agreeing to our placing essential cookies on your computer or mobile device in order to analyse the way you use our website. Please read this Policy carefully for more details about the information we collect when you use this website.